Changing Sheets on any Bed is one of those things nobody looks forward to doing, myself especially. After so many years of pulling everything off the bed and dropping it on the floor in a bundle, taking out the sheets and pillow cases, and leaving the rest in a pile is gone. I now change sheets smarter, faster and easier.
Below is my impression of the older time consuming method of changing sheets one the and and remaking the bed on the left, and a faster and simpler method of changing sheets and remaking the bed on the right.
The crumpled paper represents my old and perhaps your regular method of changing sheets and making a bed. I would pull everything off the bed and separate the sheets from the rest. Then I would put on clean sheets and sort out the blankets, turn blankets, turn blankets again to place them properly on the bed. Same with the Bedspread.
The folded paper represents a newer and better way of managing blankets and covers. Saving time and hassle, the relief and ease of this new method is well worth trying yourself.
The first few times, if you are anything like me, it will feel awkward, and not that much of a convenience. After three or four repetitions of sheet changing, you will wonder why you never thought of this yourself. If you are a housekeeper, the time savings and simplicity will become apparent by lunch time.
The process is really simple, as follows:
1. Pull the Bed Spread and Blanket(s) from the top of the bed to the bottom, lining up the edges.
2. Fold the folded Bed Spread and Blanket(s) from left to right or right to left, whichever feels most comfortable. Fold one more time if you prefer.
3. Remove folded Bed Spread and Blanket(s) from the bed and set aside.
4. Remove the sheets. Put on clean sheets.
5. Place folded Bed Spread and Blanket(s) back on the bed in the location you removed them from.
6. Unfold Bed Spread and Blanket(s) in the opposite order you folded them in. The Sheets are changed and bed is made easier and faster!
If you have a choice, you don’t have to stop here. When you dry the now clean sheets, find a fold pattern you will remember and use the same method to unfold your clean sheets on the bed. Using the same folds on both sheets and blankets makes it painless.